Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
SSL Protocol Error
Students who use Comcast/Xfinity are reporting this issue when attempting to access library databases:
This site can’t provide a secure connection — ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR
This is specific to device setting for Xfinity users.
Try the steps below to resolve the issue.
- Using the Xfinity website (or the Xfinity xFi phone app), login to your Xfinity account.
- Click the WiFi icon on the tool bar. If you hold the mouse over the icon, the tool tip will show Xfinity xFi. (The WiFi icon is to the left of the phone icon.)
- You should now be at https://internet.xfinity.com/
- Click on More. You will land here: here https://internet.xfinity.com/more
- Click in My Services.
- You will be at xFi Advanced Security. Click Disable (or Enable).
- You will be presented with a toggle button to select Enable or Disable.
- Wait approximately ten (10) minutes for this change to take effect.
You can also try:
- Trying another device, even on the same network (your Wifi). Sometimes devices in the same house will work and others will not.
- Trying the eLibrary Minnesota (ELM) databases, which includes Academic Search Premier and many other subscription databases: https://elibrarymn.org/az.php
- Using a different ISP (Internet Service Provider) Examples:
If all else fails, contact Information Technology Services.
Access your library account in order to:
- view materials on loan and due dates
- renew items
- check the status of an inter-library loan
Off Campus Access
Access library accounts, databases, and electronic resources from off campus. Log-in with your StarID and password when prompted.
Exception to off campus access: