Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
SSL Protocol Error
This site can’t provide a secure connection — ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR
Some students are reporting the above issue when accessing library databases. This is specific to device setting for Xfinity users. Contact Saint Paul College Information Technology Services for assistance.
You can also try the steps below:
- Turn off Advanced Security in Comcast/Xfinity.
- Try another device, even on the same network (your Wifi). Sometimes devices in the same house will work and others will not.
- Use a different ISP (Internet Service Provider) Examples:
If you are still experiencing problems or need database access while you are fixing the issue, try the eLibrary Minnesota (ELM) databases, which includes Academic Search Premier and many other subscription databases: https://elibrarymn.org/az.php
Access your library account in order to:
- view materials on loan and due dates
- renew items
- check the status of an inter-library loan
Off Campus Access
Access library accounts, databases, and electronic resources from off campus. Log-in with your StarID and password when prompted.
Exceptions to off campus access:
- Mitchell Automotive
Ask a Librarian
24/7 Reference Chat (always available)